Sunday, October 7, 2007

movies and plays oh my


It has been an excellent month for movies and plays for me! First, David took me to see Dracula at playhouse in the park for my birthday. It was really fun and I had never seen the play before. Then Judy took me to see My Fair Lady at the Aranoff. It was really amazing. I haven't seen plays of that caliber in a long time. Last night, David and I drove to Columbus to see Across the Universe. Why Columbus you ask? Well, ATU only had limited showings and alas Cincinnati did not make the cut. Shocking! It was quite the mini trip. The movie was well worth the jaunt. The movie is a musical created from Beatles songs. So all the characters are from the songs too. For example, Jude the lead boy from the song... Hey Jude. I thought it was completely creative. Obviously there were more than a few drug references... and when I say reference what I mean is that they were on LSD a large chunk of the movie. The art direction was phenomenal. Best since Pan's Labyrinth. I hope that it comes to Cincinnati soon because I would see it again.

No comments: