Friday, January 11, 2008

Isaac's 2nd Doctor's Appointment


We decided to go to a different Doctor this time.  I was nervous that we would have the same bad experience we had at the first one we tried.  Thankfully, we did not.  I really liked Dr Irvin.  At the last doctor, they wanted us to come back in because he had lost ounces since birth.  I was really annoyed by that because it is normal for babies to lose ounces after birth.  I mean he was 9 lbs 13 oz he could stand it if he lost a few.  Anyway... I am pleased to report that there was no need to worry about weight gain with little Isaac.  He is six weeks old and weighs 14 lbs 9 oz!  He is 24 3/4 inches long, which also means he is in the 97th percentile for height and weight.  I used to think women who talked about percentiles were a little funny but now I am one of them.  As a breast-feeding mother, I take pride in his stats!  Here are some other milestones... following toys with his eyes, making noises other than crying, rolling from side to back, mimicking and holding his head up for long periods of time.  Needless to say he is keeping his mother busy.  

4 comments:

Kalla said...

Caidan is only six months and he weighs 15lbs 12 oz. And thats with his clothes on and being on a steroid! I think my guys just going to be little.... Oh well! I am so glad that he is doing great! I know you are a great mother! And the busy part well its nothing yet! :) Love ya!

Norwood Mama said...

Sarah! He is a big baby! Charlotte is 15 1/2 pounds at 4 months! You go girl! What are you eating? I am also glad that you've found a doctor that you like. It is very important.

youseedrybones said...

I'm 27 years old and weigh 187.5 pounds (as of this morning...I need to go on a diet...)!

Jill said...

Hee hee! Isaac is going to catch up to Justice soon. Justice is 2 weeks shy of his first birthday and probably weighs only 10 pounds more than Isaac. We will find out at his next appointment - February 2nd. Ahhh doctors! I want to hear more about yours.