Friday, January 25, 2008

SAHM

A few days ago, I told my boss at Pure Concept that I would not be returning to work.  David and I decided that I would stay at home with Isaac.  I had every intention of going back.  In fact, I didn't think that I would take the full maternity leave.  But everything changed when he was born.  I feel like my heart grew bigger.  Isaac's birth changed my perspective on so many things.  I make sacrifices that I never imagined, with more ease than I ever imagined.  When I think of Isaac in the Bible, I think of how he got on the altar as a sacrifice to God.  With my Isaac, I feel as though it is me on the altar.  I feel challenged to die to my selfishness and vain conceit.  In certain ways, it seems scary but I can already tell that there is so much that God is offering to me.  He is making me more like him.  He is letting me witness this little person's whole life.  He has made me a mother.  I am being reshaped and redefined.  He is showing me more of who He is through Isaac.  The other day I was looking at Isaac and I realized I love him... not because of what he's done for me or because of what a great baby he is, I love him because He is mine.  I finally see why Jesus loves us in spite of flaws, sins, space and time.  He loves us so much simply because we are HIS.  


Isaiah 43:1
But now, this is what the Lord says-
he who created you, O Jacob
he who formed you, O Isreal
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.


6 comments:

B Partridge said...

Sarah,
I am so happy for you that you get to stay home with Isaac and he will be so lucky to have you at home!
If you really want to make the scrapbook email me and we can set something up.
kpandbp@gmail.com

Samuel S. Weber said...

this is a precious entry! Makes me love God so when I hear of how gracious and kind he is as he changes his child from glory to glory.

Jill said...

I'm happy cause we now have more time to get together and play! I am selfish, I know :)

wilsonsmom said...

Congrats! This is wonderful news, and I love this entry. It makes me want to kiss my booger! By the way, if you want, we can do each other's hair, since I think I may need someone to. :) I do not know if you know, but it went well. Will know more soon. Thanks for your help!

God's girl said...

So glad you made the choice to stay home! It is so worth it!
Blessings,
Angela

Danielle said...

I love this post. Thank you for sharing from your heart.